SUPREME THIRTY- FOUR SQUAD
[S. 34. S]
CHARACTERS:
CATEGORY: A
1. MAC
2. IB
3. OBINNA
4. NNAMDI [ND]
5. HAUWA
6. HUSSENA
7. ADA
8. TOYIN
9. LINDA
10. ABDUL [AB]
11. ABKAR
12. MUSA
13. AHMED
14. FRANK
15. PROF. OJO
16. BOSS
17. RECEPTIONIST
18. 1ST GUY
19. 2ND GUY
20. 3RD GUY
21. MALLAM
22. DRIVER 1
23. DRIVER 2
24. OTHER DRIVERS
CATEGORY: B.
GROUPS:
1. DOPE MEN
2. FOOTBALLERS
3. BUCCANEARS
4. VIKINGS
5. TEST STUDENTS
6. Other Tals
7. Other S34S
8. Joe
9. Police squad
10. Hussena’s party group.
SITUATION: 1
SETT: EXT/ DAY
LOCATION: GWAGWALADA BUS STOP.
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB, OBINNA, and MALLAM.
FADE IN:
We see a Marco polo bus car arriving and stopping at gwagwalada bus-stop, Mac, IB, and Obinna are seen step down in a row out of the bus as few others too, the bus continues its movement and the three guys cross the main road, carrying their luggage, Obinna is listening to a disc man.
IB:
Make I Buy Benson for that Aboki Kiosk.
OBINNA:
[Removing his ear speaker]
You wan smoke?
MAC:
Make we get ourselves small.
[IB & Mac walk to the Aboki stand, as Obinna is seen nodding to the tune of the music. Camera pans to the aboki’s Kiosk.]
IB:
You get Benson?
MALLAM:
Benson dey
[Bringing it out]
IB:
How you sell?
[Mac picks a stick, lights it]
MALLAM:
# 10 for one.
IB:
No be three for # 20?
[Lights his cigarette]
MALLAM:
We no buy like that, oga!
[Obinna approach the mallam’s kiosk and complain]
OBINNA:
We ought to find a place… lodge…. Take our bath before this Benson, this morning.
MAC:
Charley, we will find a place so that we’ll refresh.
IB:
Leave am, you fit refresh for that main road, you no go cool down this morning, since you dey listen music for bus nko?
[Obinna blinks his eye in acceptance of his love for music]
IB:
Aboki how we go take reach campus?
MALLAM:
You go find okada people or enter drop.
MAC:
This mallam na real aboki!
IB:
Which side Okada dey?
MALLAM:
Just waka go front, no too waka front o.
MAC:
We go enter drop.
IB:
[Picking more sticks of Benson]
How much?
CUT TO
SITUATION: 2.
SETTING EXT/ DAY.
LOCATION: UNIVERSITY ROAD
CHARACTERS: IB, MAC OBINNA, ABDUL, MUSA, AHMED, FRANK, ABKAR, ND, LINDA, ADA HUSSENA, HAUWA, TOYIN, DRIVER.
We see a cab driving along the campus road, Mac, IB and Obinna are observing the community and chatting, IB is sitting in front with the driver. Mac sees Hauwa, ada and Hussena, they are very beautiful girls around the car park; they are dressed in malo style, carrying their books, probably going for lectures.
MAC:
This school get charming babes wellishly … o boy no see this squad o!
OBINNA:
[Inconsiderately]
This kind dressing nko?
MAC:
Forget dress, no be naked you enter this world? You know how much those clothe cost? Moreover the beauty is still there. If them comot clothe, you go smile.
IB:
[Notices Toyin locking her car; shakes his head in admiration]
And sees the sign post university of Abuja]
Sweet girl!
CUT TO
The car turns left Obinna notices five flashy model cars parked simultaneously, and one on the other side of the road, in front of a cyber cafe belonging to ND. Abdul, Abkar, Ahmed, Musa, and Frank beating ND, who is on the ground, struggling to get up, but the might of the guys, were superior.
OBINNA:
These boys mend this guy well… The school is quite aggressive.
[He watches the event form the back windscreen of the car]
IB:
No be university inm bi? Abi na kindergarten?
MAC:
Guys suppose act … may be the guy fuck up.
OBINNA:
Sheh? But that guy no go forgive them.
MAC:
Eh … now, Na fuck up dey attract problem.
IB:
[Watching from the side mirror]
And problem dey attract confrontation…this one pass military code red ooo!
CUT TO
COZY REST
The car is on the major road of the hotel; the signboard is seen from a distant, Obinna is listening to his music, while others are conversing.
OBINNA:
[In high spirits on seeing the signpost of the hotel]
Here we are men… I need to freshen up.
IB:
You and this freshen up self.
[The cab drives in and stops in front of the hotel and they come out, Mac pays him]
MAC:
Take your money driver.
DRIVER:
Thank you.
[Collects his money and drives out]
CUT TO
THE HOTEL RECEPTION
We see a trendy receptionist, a very sexy young woman, who smiles to the guys on seeing them.
RECEPTIONIST:
[Standing]
Welcome to cozy rest hotel! May I help you?
MAC:
Thank you…How much is a night?
RECEPTIONIST:
Sir #1,500 for single bed and #2,000 for double bed.
IB:
We’ll take double bed room.
RECEPTIONIST:
Sir, you’ll deposit for damages, incase of non-your money will be refunded back to you.
IB:
No harms
[With funny smile]
But can one flee paying for damages?
RECEPTIONIST:
[Smiling]
Is not possible! The rooms are inspected on customers leave.
MAC:
[Compliments her by snapping with one eye]
You’re a sweet lady!
RECEPTIONIST:
Thank you.
CUT TO.
HOTEL ROOM.
We see them inside the room; they open up their luggage, each with clothes, a pistol, bullets in his bag, IB with parcel of dope and packet of rizla. They arrange their properties, IB removes his clothes, wear only boxers, taps two wraps for himself and Mac, they light up their dope and smoke. Obinna leaves to get drinks since he is not smoking, returns with three bottles of Gulder and one star. Take two bottles for him, then give a bottle of Gulder to Mac and star to IB. they are on the rug at the moment smoking dope, while Obinna sit on the reading table.
MAC:
[Feels the coldness of the drink, and appreciates it]
Guy this drink is chilled!
OBINNA:
No be cool drink you want? Make all of us high together at least we arrived safely.
MAC:
IB Give me that opener, abeg.
[Receiving it from IB, Ib’s phone rings from his jeans pocket]
IB:
Hello … Hello
[Phone cuts]
This MTN self!
[Ib’s phone rings again, he goes to another corner for reception]
Hello… desperado! Dsp my man… what’s up? We’re just chilling, No, nothing much… just now.
[Listens]
Okay you’ve done the waybill? Sure we’ll be careful, Bye… Regulate your thought.
OBINNA:
Wetin DSP talk?
IB:
We’ll go and collect the equipment tomorrow so that we can start up immediately.
MAC:
I thought we are supposed to find the streforcing ground tomorrow.
IB:
We’ll find it next tomorrow, that box contains the tools; we’ll achieve one thing tomorrow then accomplishes the other next tomorrow.
OBINNA
How far Steve wey dey your school? You know say junior his bros dey this school.
IB
How? You know hear say Steve don die?
[Obinna is surprise at the news; he walks towards Mac &IB squat before them]
Mac:
[Looking at Obinna]
That charge to uni. Jos sealed his life.
Obinna:
[Stands again]
No wonder the bros come chill, kai that junior stubborn now…I wonder why person go die any time a base is to be established, a force nigger must sacrifice his blood to the setting up of a new base…I know it won’t be like that this time around.
MAC:
We go try find that boy, his bros is one of us…I wan rest, this smoke don scatter my brain… make you wake me up so we go comot for evening.
[Lies on the bed, Obinna goes to collect his pistol from his luggage]
IB:
Shift, make I lie down with you
[Obinna brings out his pistol, goes to the reading table, cleans it and places it on the table and start reading his book]
OBINNA:
This guys don pass out, dope men.
[His phone rings, and he checks the caller and is the mother, he delays in picking the phone and finally answers]
Hi mom… I was reading…no in the library… after my test mom I will visit home, okay mom I will be careful, bye mom.
DISSOLVE.
SITUATION: 3
SET: EXTERIOR/NIGHT
LOCATION: 247 BAR
CHARACTER: MAC, IB, OBINNA, ND, HAUWA, ABDUL, and HONEY
[Camera opens at 247 bars; Mac, Obinna, and Ib sit down on plastic chairs waiting for the waiter.
MAC:
[Looking around the joint, sees so many guys drinking, another vomiting and, stands up and walk into the bar, watch guys play snooker game, smokes his Benson and the smoke goes to the side of Ab who is right behind him drinking and pressing the ass of honey is leaning on him chewing gum, and blowing it. At the other side are guys playing poker, the one rejoicing start laughing loud as another replaces, he walks close and admire them, then he comes back to his former position]
Boy, this joint dey cool
OBINNA:
Let the waiter come, now
[She approaches]
Eh come!
WAITER:
Good evening!
MAC & OBINNA:
Hi
WAITER:
What do you need?
OBINNA:
Get me Gulder with Tumbler
MAC:
Gulder
IB:
Star.
WAITER:
Sir, it is Pay before service…#360 for the 3 bottles.
[Obinna pays]
Thank you
[Hauwa walks into the restaurant]
MAC:
Come, you no see wetin I dey look here since, it get one girl way resemble person wey I don see.
IB:
You never enter town you don see woman.
MAC:
How… man no go see woman? How?
OBINNA:
But we’ll find lass before we go, if not Konji go kill us here?
MAC:
Konji no dey kill you since? In fact you’re konjily immune. Nothing… no shaking
[All laughing]
OBINNA:
Na you dey konjily immune?
[Laughing]
[ND walks in, with a bandage on his left hand, he looks for a space to sit down but unable to do that, he decides to go, then Mac calls him to be among them.]
Mac:
[Calls out to ND]
Guy! Come sit here now?
ND
Guy, what’s up?
[Shaking with a apprehensive face]
[They drink together and introduce them selves, start chatting]
MAC:
Well, my name is Mac, from Uni. Cal.
ND:
You’re not in this school?
IB:
No! We all are not in this school, I am from Uni.Port and that’s Obinna from IMT Enugu.
ND:
So what are you guys doing here in Uni. Abuja?
MAC:
We came on a research … as in project for a club, on the fundamental laws of student rights.
ND:
Anyway, I’m Nnamdi sha but my guys call me ND.
IB:
[Empathetically]
So what’s wrong with your hand?
ND:
I had a little problem.
[Mac’s sitting position makes him able to watch another event the open assault of Hauwa by Abdul while the rest continue chatting]
HAUWA & AB ARE AT THE CAR PARK.
HAUWA:
[Sober]
AB why did you lie to me? You told me you’re at home. And that you can’t come out…but here you are with another girl. You always break my heart, you are unfaithful, and I can’t persist like this with you any further.
ABDUL:
[Shuns her]
Excuse me.
[Walks out]
Is that why you called me out here?
[Hauwa holds him and he pushes her out, pours the drink on her out of anger, she squats down]
CUT TO
[Abdul approaching back to the bar, seeing Honey coming out to look for him]
AB
Sorry honey for keeping you waiting, I had to give my cousin the money her mom gave her.
HONEY:
I was just shy being alone inside there.
AB:
Let’s go in.
[They held each other as they enter inside the bar]
CUT TO
[The guys drinking heavily extra bottles in front of each and the gist progress with their new friend ND]
ND:
[Telling the story to IB, Mac & Obinna]
So, the boy now draw me for shirt. I beat am comot craze for in eye, so the three other Tals come, I use bottle scatter one head, take off.
IB:
So those Tals, Sheh.
[ND nods]
Now come heat on you.
ND:
See, they match come my house, they no see me, they scatter my things, go, so that dey, one of them see me but I no see am make call, Musa or Ahmed I suspect… those guys now show there.
IB:
Guy you come get show down but the guys tough, them dey come this joint?
ND:
Show down no be small, na the guys dey rule for this school, but I no get their time.
MAC:
Guy you strong, nothing…I love your guts, I know say you go still deal with them. Meanwhile make I go come.
[Walks out to meet Hauwa who is still crying]
CUT TO
Hauwa weeping beside the car, squatted, dressed in sweet jeans, and top, with a Flat high slippers, MAC walks up to her bends down sit in her position, she has not raised her head.
MAC:
I wonder why a man should ever lay his potency on a woman.
[Hauwa looks up to see the speaker]
Sorry for such assault, He is not a gentleman, stop crying okay, life is full of people like him, but well keep going.
[The girl sobs]
Sorry sometimes we fall into wrong hands, the cold hands of enemies which brings only heart break, but one day a miracle happens and we feel treasured and respected, I am sorry okay, just stand up, wipe your tears and be yourself, the future will vindicate the just.
[Helps her to stand up gives her a handkerchief to clean her tears]
HAUWA:
Thanks so much
MAC:
You’re welcome; can I walk you down?
HAUWA:
[With faint smile]
I’ll be pleased.
CUT TO
[Mac comes back to their table, picks up a stick and smokes, finishes his drink]
MAC:
Men, we’ve to finish up and start going so we can get bike.
IB:
No be you go dey waste time…where you go?
MAC:
You know wetin happen now but lay low I’ll gist you what’s up later.
OBINNA:
Make I buy my last bottle, drink.
IB:
How…See time, we go sleep here?
ND:
Where una dey stay?
OBINNA:
Get me one bottle of Gulder
MAC:
Cosy or whatever
ND:
Cosy rest?
I don’t mind dropping you guys, nothing much men you guys are interesting people, I really enjoyed you guys style, is cool, men, cool.
MAC:
[Aside]
Boy we need to smoke our lala for inspiration purpose.
IB:
[Shouts happily]
Inspirations…Boy, rush your drink so person go fit go sleep.
[They all laugh gets up and walks towards the car and enter, ND drive out]
CUT TO:
HOTEL ROOM
CHARACATERS: IB, MAC, and OBINNA
Obinna brings out his book to read on the reading table, While IB and Mac smoke their dope.
OBINNA:
That ND no suppose be Jew man, the guy get kush blood in him.
IB:
Make we dey look am, the guy na Enugu guy.
[Mac collects the dope from IB, and walks to the toilet; he is not feeling comfortable due to the pressure, so he makes a snappy movement]
MAC:
Boy I wan down load.
OBINNA:
Tight that door well, abeg your shit is a course for national security.
[Laughs hysterically, his phone rings again, his mother calling]
Hi mom…fine…okay goodnight mom
CUT TO
SITUATION: 4
SETTING: EXT/DAY
LOCATION: UNIVERSITY LOVE GARDEN
CHARACTERS: HAUWA, HUSSENA, TOYIN, & ADA.
We see the girls in the love garden, they are occupying one corner, and we see some other girls too with guys. Hussena and Hauwa are sitting while ada and Toyin are standing.
HUSSENA:
I don’t know where to celebrate my birthday this time!
Hauwa:
Sheh is this month, and you’ve not printed the card.
Hussena:
I am yet to decide on the venue, that’s the problem, otherwise the IV will be out.
Hauwa:
One thing I know is that AB and his worthless friends won’t be there, I don’t need their strain.
Toyin:
If I see them there, I’ll just go home and sleep, those guys are something else, a bunch of useless things, they don’t even go for lectures.
Hussena:
Okay…okay, I won’t invite them.
Ada:
[Telling Hauwa]
Is it because of what AB did to you?
Hauwa:
Please…please let such name not be mentioned amongst us, please.
Hussena:
He is not a lover, and he is not compassionate.
Hauwa:
Stupid thing, his force is only on girls
Toyin:
I want to go to town to see my dad… anybody coming with me?
Hussena:
Yeah I will go with you, I need to see my dad too.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 5
SETTING: EXT/DAY
LOCATION: FEDERAL SECRETARIAT COMPLEX CAR PARK.
CHARACTERS: IB, DRIVER [2], and other DRIVERS.
IB is dressed in an admirable black shirt and trousers, wearing his black sunglasses and a black shoe; he approaches one driver, [an Hausa] man inside a Govt. 504 saloon car, probably waiting to drive out, and leans over to negotiate confidently with the driver.
IB:
Good day driver!
Driver [2]:
Good day brother!
IB:
Driver, I go like make you come drop us to campus?
Driver [2]:
Bus no dey for Berger Bus stop? Make I leave my duty come drop you for university?
IB:
I go fuel your car, pay you #3000.
Driver [2]:
[Answers after thought of the money]
You go fuel the car?
Yes now.
Driver [2]:
Go wait me Outside, I dey come.
[Ib leaves, driver meet his fellow drivers hanging around their own car]
Abeg, make I rush go house my wife no well, Na wetin my cousin come tell me.
Driver [3]:
Abeg rush jaare, life no get part two.
Driver [4]:
Kai I know no say this guy don marry, the man na appropriate guy man.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 6
SETTING: EXTERIOR/ DAY
LOCATION: PICTURES STAND
CHARACTERS: AB, ABKAR, MUSA, LINDA, AND JUNIOR.
We see AB from far complaining to his friend Musa on how Hauwa is treating him lately, they want to collect pictures. The photographer is busy checking for their pictures
AB:
My wifey don shun my way… o boy. She doesn’t respond anymore.
MUSA:
But why you push am down? You fuck up… big time; any way just give her time. Treat her well, you no dey look after this babe… give her time…can’t you be good to her, at least once?
AB:
Boy, you no understand… time no go fit do anything on her this time around her heart is hardened.
MUSA:
[Jokingly]
May be she is seeing somebody else, due to how you treat her.
AB:
[Brags]
Far from that, she can’t try it, she knows me well now, even no boy for this school go buzz around my Hauwa babe, they know say she be my babe now, the person wan die.
MUSA:
Call her now, just hail her line and know what’s up.
AB:
The thing will ring and ring, she won’t pick it, next time you try again, ‘the number you called is not available at the movement’
MUSA:
Call her with another phone now.
[Abkar walks in, and they shake hands in their style]
ABKAR:
What’s up AB?
AB:
Cool!
ABKAR:
Musa, how far?
[Abkar see junior going for lectures and calls him.]
Junior…show here!
[He comes, scratching his head in fear]
That money nko?
Junior:
I no dey on, I just dey broke… I wan begin rush lecture.
ABKAR:
I never finish with you, you dey talk rubbish.
Junior:
No vex, I no wan show late for class.
[Abkar pulls junior and search his pocket, sees money, and intimidates him]
Sheh you talk say money no dey? Na here you go dey today, just sit tight for ground, or I blast your head.
[Junior refuses, he slaps junior and drag him to sit on the ground]
MUSA:
Nothing much,
[Abkar walks out]
Where you dey go?
ABKAR:
Make I go write that foolish man test, release that boy any time you want.
AB:
[Talking to Abkar]
Copy well you hear?
ABKAR:
[Demonstrates with his hand as he walks away]
Fuck you.
AB:
[Talking to junior, who is sited on the ground]
Come… you go dey here today you dey fuck up.
AB:
Make I call her
[Brings out his phone, dials her number and she picks]
[Excited & talks to musa]
She don answer…Hi Hauwa… Okay ada… she is taking her bath, tell her I called and I’ll call back in two minutes... Bye.
[Talking to Musa]
She dey bath.
MUSA:
You for psyche ada small
AB:
Sheh? She ask of you o!
MUSA:
She suppose now she never catch me before.
[Watches Linda picking up her photocopied documents on the ground, and walks out]
Boy see that sweet girl.
[Calls out to the girl]
Hello![She shuns her]
All these rubbish girls way too shakara, I go catch am nothing.
AB:
[Tries calling her again, but is unavailable]
Shit! That girl don serious, o boy! I don fuck up, big time. Make we go eat, abi you don eat?
MUSA:
For where?
[They walk out Together]
CUT TO
SITUATION: 7
SETTING: EXT/DAY
LOCATION: FCT EXPRESS ROAD
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB, OBINNA, HUSSENA, TOYIN, AND DRIVER [2].
The sun is much, the wild wind of the Abuja express blows, Mac, IB, and Obinna in seen dressed in black inside a govt. 504 saloon car, speeding towards FCT T junction, IB notices Toyin on the roadside from a distant, we also see hussena but a little bit far from the car seeking help from moving cars, Toyin is stranded on how to fix her tire she leans on the car with her car key, wearing a black glasses; IB compels the driver to stop and he opens the car door, steps out towards the girl, as he approaches, wearing black glasses too.
IB:
Driver … stop abeg.
DRIVER [2]
For what?
IB:
Somebody needs help.
[Driver clears well on the express road a little far but trek able from Toyin’s position; others remain in the car as IB step down and walk towards Toyin who watches him in admiration as the cool wind blows his clothes, it seems a love at first sight for her, Hussena is a little bit far from the car and start returning when she saw IB]
IB:
Hi, what’s the problem with your car?
TOYIN:
Hi …got a flat tire.
IB:
You’ve got spare in the trunk?
TOYIN:
Sure
IB:
I’ll help you fix it
TOYIN:
Thanks! I was so frustrated that I didn’t know what to do.
[She opens the trunk and he brings out the tire and the forklift]
IB:
You’re going back to school?
[As he is fixing back the tire]
TOYIN:
Yeah, I went to see my dad in town.
IB:
I am going to school too, which course are you doing?
TOYIN:
[With a polished English]
I am studying Law, and you?
IB:
I am studying medicine, but in Uni.Port.
TOYIN:
So what are you doing here? Or you live in town?
[Hussena comes in and is excited as IB is fixing the tire]
Hussena:
O thank God, no car wanted to stop and help us
IB:
I came for a project with my friends in the car, but I usually visit Abj.
[Mac & Obinna approaches as the job is done, dressed like IB]
TOYIN:
Thanks so much, I am grateful
IB:
You’re welcome.
[Mac & Obinna comes in]
MAC:
[Talking to IB jokily]
Boy I never knew you’re such a good mechanic?
[IB is through with the job, stands up, cleans the dust in his hand, with a handkerchief]
IB:
Is done, what’s the big deal, you people no get car for una house? You no sabi fix car?
Toyin:
[Out of foremost sentiment attachments for IB]
Leave him alone, please.
MAC:
[Greeting the Babes, Hussena is seen admiring Obinna, without his knowledge]
Hi, my name is Mac
OBINNA:
I am Obinna.
TOYIN:
My name is Toyin.
Hussena:
Hussena is my name.
[Hussena keep admiring Obinna]
MAC:
Are you a student?
TOYIN:
[Nods her head]
IB:
They are my friends, my best pals we do everything together.
TOYIN:
The pleasure is mine.
IB:
So…you can continue your movement okay, just be careful.
TOYIN:
I am grateful, bye.
[She and Hussena enters her car and drive out, they watch her speed off, IB focuses on her, they walk to their car and drive off]
MAC:
[Mac jubilates at the breathtaking nature of the girls and they approach back to their car]
That girl chaste… in fact she position well.
IB:
Wetin man go do now
OBINNA:
You collect her number?
IB:
Fuck up! That one no even come my wits.
[Sighs]
But everly we go still meet.
MAC:
[Hailing him]
Ib, Ib… the negotiator.
IB:
Make we dey see things happen.
[They drive out]
CUT TO.
SITUATION: 8
SETTING: EXT/DAY
LOCATION: CAMPUS ROAD
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB, OBINNA, AND GROUP OF FRATERNITY BOYS.
It is a chill evening, around six pm, We see Mac, IB, and Obinna taking a walk on the busy campus road, there are many joints, people going their way, cars parked in front of different joints, guys drinking, with girls.
Mac:
Let us take our time while stroll down to our normal joint to know what’s up about the locations of other frats in this school, this is a busy road with joints.
Obinna:
We’ll walk alone to know where they hang out. Just be careful to avoid conflict.
[They walk alone observing the joints.]
CUT TO
OBINNA:
[We see Obinna in front of a buccaneer anchor point, he stops different bikes and bargain without entering any but watches them; few are dressed in yellow and black, and they are drinking with some beautiful girls]
Mac:
[Camera introduces Mac pretending to make a call but watching Vikings; some are dressed in red and black drinking, few girls too]
IB:
[Camera shows IB in the midst of axe men He pretends to buy cigarette, they are dressed in white and black, drinking and making noise.]
CUT TO
SITUATION: 9
SETTING: EXT/ NIGHT
LOCATION: 247 BAR
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB, OBINNA, ND, HAUWA, HUSSENA, ADA, TOYIN, & MUSA.
They start drinking and smoking their normal brands, also is a packet of Benson on their table.
IB:
(Sips his beer, puffing his cigarette well)
The guys that hang out at P&P are bucket guys … forget those guys, they like girls so much.
Mac:
Axe men stay at that joint near the cyber café
(Puff his cigar)
These guys are many. I didn’t notice spirits here, but they remain spirits.
OBINNA:
Well, we are not interested in troubles, just for trace purpose so that these new guys can know where to track any body if there is the order.
(ND walks into their table)
ND:
What’s up?
(Shaking them one by one)
Mac:
How far now?
ND:
Cool
IB:
[Hailing ND on seeing him]
ND, ND
ND:
IB, Chill
(Search for the waiter to request for his drink then sees her approach)
Bring me Gulder
OBINNA:
(Talks with ND aside)
IB & Mac see four sweet girls about to enter the joint. And they walk out to receive them.
CUT TO
(The girls chatting their personal gist as they approach into the bar dressed in sexy jeans and American tops)
Mac:
(Calls on her)
Hauwa
Hauwa:
[Turns and is amazed, she stops as the friends keep on going.]
Mac:
Hi
Hauwa:
Hi, is like you’re always here?
Mac:
Not really,
(Introducing IB)
That’s my friend, IB
IB:
(With smile)
Hello
Hauwa:
Hi, I’m Hauwa.
Mac:
Your friends are appealing why not call them so we all can have the fun of the twilight together?
(Hauwa calls on the girls,)
Hauwa:
Hussena! Toyin! Ada!
CUT TO
ND & OBINNA ARE STILL DRINKING AND TALKING.
ND:
So the association does not exceed thirty-four in any school?
OBINNA:
The S34S does not need mix-up, they need genuine guys, and they find irresistible peace, Justice, and seek for the autonomy of the exploited & demoralized students.
ND:
I will reflect on it but bear in mind that I am on your own side; I have to deal with the Tals… just that I can’t do it alone.
CUT TO
Toyin
(Amazingly)
Hi
IB:
Hello
(Shakes her)
Toyin:
[Happy]
We meet again
IB:
Its’ a small world
Toyin:
Thanks once more… I am grateful you saved me that day.
IB:
That’s Okay, you girls can come and catch fun with us, cos we lack female company.
(Greets Ada & Hussena)
My name is Ib
Mac:
And I am gentle Mac
Ada & Hussena:
Hi
Ada:
[Pointing to herself]
Ada
Hussena:
I’m Hussena.
CUT TO
[They are sited and drinks on their table, Hussena and Hauwa drink malt, while Toyin and ada drink Gordon spark all of them drink, gist, Mac tell them story in the Judgment of others and they all pay attention.]
Mac:
You know one truth…people have their reason of committing what might seem to us as crime, but why kill them…
Obinna:
Marco polo the great, in fact your community will kill you for all this your logic.
IB:
The guy too reason
Mac:
Let me finish…in every thing we do on earth, there is a killer, so either you are the culprit or the judge, search yourself, you are guilty. Do not judge any body because man is capable of all sin, and nobody was born the way he becomes.
Obinna:
Yes you are not guilty until God judges you.
Mac:
Eh now, all of us are guilty, and belong to one faction or the other, the party of robbery, or corruption, or prostitution, or falsehood, who is then perfect? Non.
CUT TO
Musa comes out from the interior of the joint with a bottle of small stout, went to see a girl off and notices the table of Mac with the girls, but they do not notice him they are carried away by the story of Mac.
DISSOLVE.
SITUATION: 10
SETTING: EXT/DAY
LOCATION: BUSH
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB & OBINNA
Around 9am, Mac, IB, and Obinna walk to find an initiation ‘streforcing’ ground, they pass hilly road, and forest, until they arrive a ground, they change to their uniform, a blue black overall with an inscription of ‘S34S’ on the back.
Obinna brings out a bottle of 501 and pour it round the ground.
OBINNA:
Men S34S
Mac & IB:
Regulate your thought!
OBINNA:
[Reading from the S34S book]
It pleases my soul in the creation of new base, for the preparation of the mind, and origin of new ones, generation to generation that this family remains supreme, exclusive, and lovers of justice.
[Salutes Men]
S34S!
Mac & IB:
[Response]
Regulate your thought!
[They shake hands in their style; start fixing the metals on the ground.]
FADES
SITUATION: 11
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: FEMALE HOSTEL
CHARACTERS: HAUWA, HUSSENA, TOYIN, AND ADA.
[The girls hang out in Hauwa’s room the room is well furnished they assume a casual position]
Hussena:
It was fun, the other night.
Hauwa:
Those guys are something else.
Toyin:
That Mac is funny… he talks so much
[Laughs]
Ada:
They smoke and drink so much.
Hauwa:
Doesn’t your brother smoke and drink?
Hussena:
Even her repulsive boy friend
Ada:
Whose boyfriend is ugly, trust now, non-of those guys can contend with Musa.
Hauwa:
But wait O! What do you have against these guys? they are just naturally kind and accommodating.
Toyin:
IB helped me fix my car, he was just modest, not all these pompous guys.
Hauwa:
Even the day Abdul fucked up, Mac walked to me and was just flowing to me, he just petted me and I was able to feel light. They guy must be a lover.
Ada:
Let me ease myself. I’ll finish you girls when I return, ugly boys to compare to Musa.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 12
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: CAVE ROOM, LAW LECTURE HALL.
CHARACTERS: AB, ABKAR, AHMED, MUSA, AND FRANK.
The guys hang out, drinking and smoking, watching babes and people going their way.
AHMED:
Boy, I missed one lecture like that and the lecturer took attendance that day.
ABKAR:
This lecturers self, person no fit understand their technique this days, this test wey I decide to write the lecturer no agree set test again, say students too much, no be the number wey in dey lecture.
Musa:
But if say you no go now, they go set test, boy my carry over case I never put mouth into the thing.
Abkar:
Meanwhile, you no dey enter class. AB, this one you’re silent, na Hauwa dey disturb you so?
AB:
Hauwa don change, she is acting like a stranger.
Musa:
Eh! I saw Hauwa the other day.
AB:
Where?
Musa:
I never tell you, for 247, with Ada them, with some boys like that, boy I craze…even that ND dey there but me I dey with one new runs like that so I no wan see ada.
Abkar:
Hauwa with boys? Nonsense don dey for this school, which kind fuck up be that.
Musa:
True, me I no even believe my eyes, Ada too dey there, when I see am she go explain, trust me now
AB:
Why you no tell me since?
[Start walking out to no fixed direction]
Musa:
I never see you now, where you dey go?
AB:
I dey come.
Ahmed:
We dey here, no kill person.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 13
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: HAUWA’S ROOM [PRIVATE FEMALE HOSTEL]
CHARACTERS: HAUWA, HUSSENA, ADA, TOYIN, OBINNA, MAC, IB, AND ABDUL.
We see the hostel from above, and snappily enter in to hauwa’s room through the window, we see the girls, Hauwa is painting toyin’s nails, hussena is watching the magazine, she is lying on the bed with her legs raised, and her tummy on the foam, ada is checking the date on the calendar. Then we see Hauwa again, now through with one hand, starting work on the other hand, then complains.
Hauwa:
That AB doesn’t even pet me, he always makes me cry and more ever he is a cult boy.
Toyin:
So do you want to run away from him?
Hauwa:
What’s the gain in pain, what’s the need in loving and being maltreated?
Hussena:
I can’t linger with a guy who doesn’t treat me like a lady, what’s the essence then.
Hauwa:
I wonder
Hussena:
[Continues]
I can’t go out with somebody who does not love me, because I need love and happiness and will give same to any upright guy.
[Toyin goes out, suddenly a knock on the door]
Who is that?
[Goes to open the door, and Mac enters with cool enticing smile on his face, dressed in cool blue jeans and T-shirt]
Hi, Mac
Mac:
Hi.
[Obinna and IB walk in to the room, Obinna listening to his disc man, they are neatly dressed]
Hussena:
You guys are welcome.
Mac:
Your room is cool
Hussena:
Thanks, this Hauwa’s room, but we hang out here most of the time.
Mac:
Hauwa… what’s up?
Hauwa:
Fine, and you?
Mac:
So how was school today?
Hauwa:
Had only three lectures, the last didn’t show.
OBINNA:
You stay alone?
HAUWA:
Yes, but I don’t sleep alone, I sleep with my friends, anywhere, as in, any of my friends rooms.
IB:
Can I see your collections?
HAUWA:
They are not fine o!
IB:
Nothing much… what of Toyin?
HUSSENA:
She went to cook indomie
OBINNA:
Ada nko?
[As they go through the pictures one after the other]
HUSSENA:
She might be in her room she left min ago.
MAC aside with Hauwa
MAC:
So, how is everything?
HAUWA:
Fine
MAC:
You thought I wouldn’t come
HAUWA:
I wasn’t sure sha.
OBINNA:
That’s your matric day?
HAUWA:
Let me help you, with the pictures.
[As the flip the pictures, she identifies the people in the picture till its finished]
IB:
You’ve got fine collections
HAUWA:
Thank you.
IB:
Can I see Toyin in her room?
HAUWA:
I’ll take you there; she will be surprise to see you.
[IB & Obinna leaves with hussena]
HAUWA:
So what’s the project all about?
MAC:
Well we came to research on the abuse of student’s right by fellow students, then set up some students to see to it, as in, student’s who will love honesty, transparency and justice.
HAUWA:
That’s a good project, you know so many Student’s are under repression and coercion by mainly cult boys.
MAC:
Precisely
[Knock on the door & Hauwa goes to cheek the person, opens the door]
HAUWA:
Who?
[Then goes back to bring dictionary,
Closes the door Knock again]
Who is that?
[Opens the door and closes it due to who she sees that we don’t know but she does not want the visitor, She goes back to bed, some how worried and unhappy about the situation]
[Knock again]
MAC:
You’ve got a visitor
HAUWA:
I don’t need stress now.
[The Knock continues non-stop]
Excuse me.
[She approaches the door, opens it.]
MAC:
Okay, take your time
CUT TO
CORRIDOR
[We see AB closely in front of Hauwa, hauwa’s hands are folded, and she is afraid of AB but tries to summon up courage to face him; contention rise among the two, AB is mad at Hauwa]
AB:
So Hauwa… fear don comot from your body sheh?
HAUWA:
Fear of what; please don’t disturb my life,
I’ve told you, stop upsetting my peace. You’re a killjoy
AB:
Na me you dey talk to like that, AB you don chop shit
HAUWA:
Excuse me
[Tries to leave and he holds her fatally]
Let go of me, you’ re wounding me.
AB:
So who’s the guy at 247 they other night?
HAUWA:
Is non-of your business, leave me alone
[Struggling]
Heh… heh, you will wound me.
[Holds her firmly]
O God, leave me alone,
Let me stay on my own please…Leave me alone AB.
CUT TO
Mac is busy going through some magazines in the room; he hears Hauwa shout for help, he stands up and opens the door.
CUT TO
AB:
Hauwa, what the hell is this thing doing in your room?
Eh Hauwa, Kai, wetin
MAC:
Guy… please leave that girl alone, you’ re hurting her.
AB:
Na me you dey talk to. Na me you dey… come you no dey fear face?
MAC:
Just leave conflict for men only and not show power on ladies
AB:
Kai, wetin you talk
[Leaves Hauwa, approach Mac]
Boy you don enter for this school.
HAUWA:
[Hauwa cries to AB]
AB, AB
AB:
[Slaps her with back hand and blood drops from her lips]
Shut up bitch
[Then to Mac]
So you wan try? You never hear of AB before?
[Rushes him and gives him a blow two times, lifts him up and throw him on the ground; is as if AB is winning the fight, all of a sudden, Mac gains momentum and push him to the wall, beats him assertively, six fast heavy blows, subsequently pins him on the ground as he struggles in vain to get up.
IB & Obinna comes out to separate them]
OBINNA:
Mac, Mac, leave him, him.
MAC:
They boy thinks so much about himself
[Holds him tight, as they breathe fast]
IB:
Mac, leave that guy.
AB:
I will show you…must, I will show you… you don enter, AB…AB, nothing, I will show you.
CUT TO
OUTSIDE THE HOSTEL.
[Ada is returning back to the hostel, so casual that she might seen some one off, calls on AB as he leaves furiously]
Ada:
AB… Abdul.
AB:
[Stops]
Ada, how far?
Ada:
What’s wrong? You look…. Eh
Did you see Hauwa?
AB:
Hauwa is seeing another boy.
[Shakes his head]
Pity that boy.
ADA:
Easy o!
AB:
Who be that boy, eh ada?
ADA:
He is not in this school… the three of them came for a project like that.
AB:
Was he the guy with Hauwa at 247 the other night?
ADA:
[Nods her head in acceptance]
AB:
I go see you later.
ADA:
Bye.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 14
SETTING: EXT/NIGHT
LOCATION: BUSH
CHARACTERS: MAC, ND, OBINNA AND IB.
[ND and MAC walking towards the initiation ground, they pass the thick forest, chatting.]
ND:
But I no eat well, well.
MAC:
Na food you want eat?
ND:
At least chop anyhow food.
MAC:
[Dips his hand into his pocket sack, brings out gala meat]
Take ND
ND:
Eh heh… thanks.
MAC:
Enjoy nothing eh
CUT TO
[Passing a hilly side, ND complains]
ND:
But we don reach Kaduna, if say na express O?
MAC:
Nothing much… you need to dig down, very deep in the earth to get crude oil.
ND:
True, I am tired… I am so tried.
[Tries to rest]
Make I rest
MAC:
[Cuts in and interrupts]
We have to keep going
[IB watches them from the tall tree; he is dressed in his regalia carrying an AK 47]
Time is not on our side.
ND:
But you never dey tired?
MAC:
Always exercise for the sake of pumping blood in your system incase when on motion, you won’t faint.
[IB makes a far distant animal cry to Obinna to signal him on the arrival of Mac and ND; Camera focuses on them From IB’S position as they go far.]
[MAC and ND are now walking on a tack road, and suddenly they hear steps of one running fast approaching them, the movement like that of a speeding horse]
ND:
I wan go toilet, the thing hold me pieces
MAC:
No problem, you go shit.
[Steps heard from a distance and gets louder, as it nears them]
Close your eyes fast.
ND:
Eh!
MAC:
Close your eyes… bend down.
[He acts accordingly, and then IB appears, he was the one running, hands over a bag to Mac, who starts running immediately, and ND not aware of the difference that he is no longer with Mac’s company but that of IB]
ND:
Which can noise be that?
IB:
Shhh, tighten eyes well… fast
[Hits him on his back]
ND:
Aahh…aahh…aahh.
IB:
Shhh… put off your clothes.
CUT TO
INITIATION GROUND
ND dressed in white overall tied to the ground and locked. Candles of different colors burn along with incenses. Obinna preside the initiation, Mac, Ib, and Obinna dressed in their navy blue overall with an inscription of S34S on the back and a blue face cap with a black boot. They gather round the shrine, feeling the excitement of the initiation, they walk round ND three times.
OBINNA:
Supreme 34S
IB & MAC:
Men S34S
OBINNA:
Supreme 34S
IB & MAC:
Men S34S
OBINNA:
This is the first streforcing in this school, may our spiritual advocate, create in us the unending desire to act as ought to….
[Leaves the shrine to where ND is]
MAC: [SMILING SNAKE]
IB: [ANGELIC VAMPIRE]
OBINNA: [QUIET VENOM]
OBINNA:
Smiling snake, headman of S34S in university of calabar, initiate… Initiate.
[Mac starts beating ND on left leg only, telling him so many funny things]
OBINNA:
Angelic vampire…headman of S34S in Uni. -Port base; initiate this man.
[IB starts hitting ND on the right leg, as Mac stops]
Pause S34S, pause S34S, damage this boy.
[Beating starts, mercilessly, anyhow beating ND shouts in pain]
[In the shrine, Obinna checks his time and it is 4am, ND is brought and instructed to sit down, he was weak from the beatings, blood are on his clothes, and he can’t talk well.]
OBINNA:
Bring your hand.
[Receives it, uses a syringe, collects blood, sprinkles the blood on a paper, and lights it, put it a bowel, pour brandy into the ash and ND drinks it]
ND:
Ah…ah….
OBINNA:
Repeat these words
[Instructing ND]
The oath is sacred and must remain secrete, no human witnessed it, except us, may my blood sprinkle the earth, if I reveal, reveal the event.
ND:
The oath is sacred and must remain secret, no human witnessed it, except us, may my blood sprinkle the earth, if I reveal, reveal event.
DISSOLVE
SITUATION: 15
SETTING: EXT/NIGHT
LOCATION: CAMPUS CAR PARK
CHARACTERS: ND, LINDA, MUSA, and AHMED.
(Camera opens on ND leaning on the body of the girl friend, they resting on their car and a gentle sound from the car CD).
ND:
Honestly I had a bike accident
Linda:
But a Honey you don’t usually enter bike
ND:
I must not limit myself to driving always …I am getting fine
Linda:
[Tenderly]
I tried your number it was not available, and even I wanted coming to your house.
ND:
There was no light, so I couldn’t charge my phone
[Musa and Ahmed drive towards him, flashing him)
[Irritable]
That car should dim the light, Haba.
Linda:
Maybe the driver has eye problem
ND:
To see me or see the main road, He should not flash on me
(Looks at the constant light of the car on him, the car has packed and is still flashing on him, he is furious)
Check out, this fellow must know me. Honey wait I’m coming
(Walks to the car, looks inside, see Musa & Ahmed, he stroke and slaps musa on steering)
Why you dey flash light on me? You want make I scatter this car now.
Musa:
[Opens the door, comes out with Ahmed]
Na me you slap, let’s cut this guy.
[Opens his trunk and they bring out two very bad swords.]
T this useless Jew man, so you never learn lesson for this school?
Linda:
[Scared of the situation, Shouts ND’s name for escape]
ND…ND
ND:
Baby, relax.
[Pulls his gun from his waist, Linda is petrified at the state of affairs
ND:
You’re fucked up…I say you’re fucked up
[Cocks it, Ahmed & Musa is frightened and negotiates peace]
Ahmed:
Easy guy, No be say na stress we want, just relax
Musa:
Just Chill abeg…I no know say you reach this level… we are sorry
Ahmed:
ND chill.
ND:
Drop the two swords down.
[They drop it]
Move back…Enter your car and drive the fuck out of here.
[He picks up the sword walks back to Linda who is already crying and they drive out)
CUT TO
SITUATION: 16
SETTING: EXT/DAY
LOCATION: CAMPUS ROAD [GSM PLACE]
CHARACTERS: OBINNA, MAC, IB, ABKAR, MUSA, AHMED, OTHERS.
Obinna, Mac, and IB are at a GSM center, making calls.
OBINNA:
I’ll call you again
(After listening on the phone)
MAC:
I go like call Hauwa.
IB:
Make I buy Benson.
(Leaves)
OBINNA:
We have some guys on line now… but the first guy is skilled of being in command once the mission is over… no problems so far, but we understand that one frat like that dominate here… okay
CUT TO
JOINT, STRICTLY BOYS, DRINKING, SMOKING AND SOME PLAYING GAMES
IB:
[Asking the bar attendant]
You get Benson?
WAITER [2]
Yes
IB:
How you sell, as in 3 sticks N20 or N10, which one?
WAITER [2]
N10 a stick.
[Collects money]
IB:
Lighter nko?
WAITER [2]
For that table
IB:
[Referring to Abkar]
Make I… The lighter, abeg.
[Holds his hand]
Abkar:
How much dey your pocket?
IB:
Unto?
Musa:
Unto how much you dey with?
IB:
[Sighs and one of them comes and step on his foot, then walks back to the center of the joint, IB walks out dragging the boy that matched him by force to outside of the joint, picks a bottle, breaks it on the guys head, and tear his face and neck]
CUT TO
Obinna:
No… if IB comes out, we’ll start going. Eh…. Eh…
IB:
[Steps out of the bar with dirt stains, and little brushes. Enter bike]
FADE
SITUATION: 17
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: LECTURE HALL
CHARACTERS: PROF OJO, HAUWA, LINDA, & STUDENTS.
Students in the hall writing test; Hauwa is in the hall too.
PROF OJO:
Get rid of all materials relating to to this course… the review is only for 30mins. Carryover students are not allowed
[Test starts, and student begin, few boys and girls are busy writing with their brain, and others are doing it with the aid of microchip]
PROF OJO:
Do not allow me to catch You pilfering in the hall, and if you are suppose to see me in my office, do not fail to come, as for this foolish boys, I will jail you in this school for extra four years.
CUT TO
[Hauwa’s friends wait for her outside the hall and AB and Abkar meets them]
Toyin:
Hi
AB:
Cool…what of Hauwa?
CUT TO
PROF. OJO
If you know, you’ve not bought the material for this course; you better don’t waste your time here. The population here contradicts with the registered students.
[Students are busy writing, as the Prof. walks around the hall]
CUT TO
FRONT OF LECTURE HALL
[Hauwa comes out to meet the friends, sees AB, and shuns him entirely]
Ada:
How was the test?
Hauwa:
Okay, the man didn’t give much time.
Hussena:
I need to see my lecturer for the test I missed the other day.
Toyin:
I won’t see that man again; he said I should pay for a room. He can’t be serious, give my body to an old man, Old enough to be my late grand father’s age.
Hauwa:
All these trash lecturers like this Prof. Ojo
[AB calls her]
AB:
Hauwa, excuse me!
Hauwa:
[Talking to Toyin]
Lets start going, I am just tried, and I want to buy popcorn
AB:
Hauwa, Hauwa
[Hauwa phone rings]
Hauwa:
Hello…Mac…I just finished my test…Fine…in the evening. All right, I was expecting your call since, Okay, bye baby.
AB:
[Aside with Abkar, as the girls walks out]
Abkar:
Boy, this guy don revolutionize your wifey brain
AB:
I… I can’t believe this...I’ll show this boy he is walking where even spirits fear to thread, my own Hauwa
Abkar:
Make we go see Musa them…
CUT TO
SITUATION: 18
SETTING INT/EXT/NIGHT:
LOCATION: HOTEL BAR
CHARACTERS: HAUWA, HUSSENA, ADA, TOYIN, MAC, IB, AND OBINNA
Mac, IB, Obinna watch from a small joint at the hotel as the girls drive into Cosy rest, playing their music and chatting cheerfully, The car alight, and they go out to welcome them, they hug each other.
Mac hugs Hauwa, Toyin, Hussena, and ada, all do it, each hugging and exchanging pleasantries. Mac/Hauwa, Toyin/IB walk together, Obinna with ada and hussena.
Hauwa:
So you guys lodge here
Mac:
Yeah as you can see
Toyin:
How long are you guys going to stay here?
IB:
I can’t really say, until we’re through or anything can make us relocate.
(Mac with Hauwa)
Mac:
I’m so happy seeing you girls.
Hauwa:
We just felt it’s obligatory to come and hang out with you guys.
(They all walk to their table, sit down)
Obinna:
So what will you girls drink?
Hauwa:
Malta Guinness
Ada:
Gordon spark
Hussena:
Gordon spark too
Toyin:
Malta Guinness
[Obinna goes out, brings the drink, opens it and they start drinking, Mac gives the gist of alms giving and they girls enjoy every bit of their company except ada who is quiet, she dislikes the company]
CUT TO
HOTEL GARDEN
Mac is alone with Hauwa, at a cool garden; background music Bryan Adams inside out is playing.
MAC:
Sometimes the utmost blunder of our life is at the resolution we make… I feel the deepest spiritual for you… but at times we see strangers and we tend to show hospitality only to those we know…Baby, I met you first as a stranger, but I knew you’re an angel in disguise.
Hauwa:
I don’t want any heartbreak again, is hard to find unadulterated love here
(In a concession/sober way)
Mac:
I understand your feelings… I feel your pain and your fears, these are my interest, to know your desires, to heal your pain, remember, I won’t let go if you’re down, I couldn’t leave you out there in cold and watch you sink in depression disappointment, from a guy who does not appreciate you.
CUT TO
TOYIN AND IB INSIDE THE CAR
Toyin and IB are inside back sit of the car, playing music and kissing.
Toyin:
I want to be with you
(Kissing IB)
IB:
Same with me
(Kissing her)
CUT TO
OBINNA, ADA AND HUSSENA.
[Obinna with Hussena and Ada drinking]
Ada:
I’m from Awka, Anambra State
Obinna:
I’ve been there before…but you base here in Abuja?
Ada:
Sure, we hardly even travel to village.
Obinna:
Mana ina asu Igbo?
Ada:
No I understand
Hussena:
Leave her… she is Igbo by blood not by civilization
Ada:
Hussena
CUT TO
Mac & Hauwa
Hauwa:
[Laughing)
Mac, you’re funny
Mac:
O yes! Such things happen, lets go and meet these guys.
(They held hands walking towards the joint, passing IB & Toyin inside the car, taps on the window describing their next move of joining others.]
CUT TO
SITUATION: 19
SETTING: INT/ NIGHT
LOCATION: PRIVATE BOYS HOSTEL
CHARACTERS: AB, ABKAR, MUSA AND AHMED
The Tals meet in the room of Abkar, some are on the rug, others in the foam, and every body is well sited in a meeting style.
Abkar:
Fellow Tals, after our last convention, a lot has happened we are sleeping and dust are raised on us, Chief brainpower
[Referring to Ahmed]
What’s the situation?
AHMED:
Fellow Tals, my office has observed the presence of strangers, and for now we have not been able to identify them, and we don’t know where or how they operate.
Musa:
(Cut in)
I suspect those guys came form eastern schools, but something has to be done on time we don’t know.
AB:
Fellow Tals, we all know I have a problem but I am working on it, my woman is distributed, and my pride threatened, but I’ll take care of it nothing. I don’t have much to say for now.
Abkar:
Fellow Tals, this campus remains in our hands, we will not allow any murder fucker … external or internal to threaten the security of this family…any … any will not be overlooked. May we close this brief convention, but before I forget, that ND must breathe his last, that boy is proving tough to this family; He has not learnt his lesson yet.
AB:
The worst part is that, the Boy is one man standing
Musa:
Can he fight group? Not to talk of Tailbones
Abkar:
The fight of our heroes past shall not be useless and the pride of this family collapse in our time Fellow Tals, continue the struggle.
FADE
SITUATION: 20
SETTING: EXTERNAL/NIGHT
LOCATION: BUSH
CHARACTERS: MAC, OBINNA, IB, ND, OTHERS.
The Meeting of the S34S, they are seventeen guys standing in the Jordan ground dressed in their regalia. All are standing in a parade form, with their chest out.
Obinna:
Supreme 34S
All:
(Chorus]
Men S34S
Obinna:
Supreme 34S
All:
Men S34S
Obinna:
What seems so hard, what seems extremely difficult becomes simple, and ease, as you work on it, until it is by far concluded. Standing here are gentlemen of the supreme 34-squad fraternity, the Number one in Nigerian University, and we have half of the required number.
[He hails them again and they respond]
Supreme 34S you all will pass through a required study to socialize you on the activities of this frat, I’ll call upon Mac, the headman of S34S in uni cal to start the lecture.
Mac:
S34S
IB, ND & Obinna:
Regulate your thought
Mac:
When we hail supreme 34S, the answer is men S34S but when we hail S34S, you reply ‘regulate your thought’.
(Hails)
S34S
Mac:
We ought to regulate our thought in anything we do, I do not say, “regulate” but “regulate your thought”. We do not need to be told of the basic things to do at any giving moment or situation, please S34S men, and let us ask questions if we need help. The pride of this family is very important.
IB:
Like my brother told you, I am from Uni.Port.
Do not infringe the set of laws, not for the benefit of the family, but for yourself, The regulation will help, guide and strengthen you, Every day of your life, think of what to do for this family…but in all, feel affection for yourselves and be your brother’s keeper.
Obinna:
Supreme 34S, one of the fundamental things anticipated of any new member is to have an automatic gun, we do not want local, they don’t kill…so you have less than a week to have possession of one, arrangements are being made on the bullets, you need it for your own defense and security. ND can testify how my gun saved him.
(Reading from the S34S Book)
May we go and return in stringent devotion to the charter of the family and consistently regulating well.
S34S
FADE
SITUATION: 21
SETTING: INT/NIGHT
LOCATION: HOTEL ROOM
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB, OBINNA, Hauwa, Hussena, and Toyin
Mac, Obinna and IB in their room, Obinna reads his book, Mac and IB smoke dope, and they discuss on their mission. But Mac and IB are high and talk in high spirit.
Obinna:
[Room full with smoke, his mother calls again, he picks the phone]
Every time, you people smoke, this thing will scatter you guy’s brain one day.
[Speaks to the mother]
Hi mom… no fine, I can’t come back now… next week…okay bye.
MAC:
It gives inspiration
IB:
How you go dey judge wetin you no dey involve in, na person wey wear shoe know where it dey pain am.
MAC:
Boy, forget we are accomplishing our mission here.
IB:
It seemed difficult initially, but S34S are destined before they entered their mother’s womb.
Mac:
IB… IB
(Hailing him)
IB:
Who dey?
MAC:
Who dey? Who dey yearn?
Obinna:
This smoke makes you guy mis yearn… I dey enjoy una inspired talks sha.
(Compliments)
MAC:
No be talko talko.
OBINNA:
You and Hauwa are serious… I love that…she loves you
MAC:
No be only frat we come here… we go find girl, otherwise, if you no gree…
IB:
We impeach you toto for incompetence and lack of…
OBINNA:
Shun, No rush things, Hussena is on line, but Mac, how far you and Hauwa?
MAC:
Boy, trust my style, in fact I won’t cheat on her, just that she came out from one relationship like that, the guy was cruel to her, she was always crying.
OBINNA:
Your woman for your school nko, wetin you go do am?
MAC:
She don marry, you know now she has to... Hauwa is on board now, you no dey gree come my school
IB:
Make I gist una, make I yearn
MAC & OBINNA:
Yearn
IB:
Toyin…. Eh … in fact make I bathe. In fact that Hauwa former boy friend mean
He enters bathe room; we hear a gentle tap on the door. Hauwa, Hussena, and Toyin step in.
MAC:
[Opening the door]
Hi Honey!
Hauwa:
[Hugs him]
Hi
Others enter inside the room.
IB:
[Comes out from the bathroom-wearing boxers tied with towel round his waist stretches his hands to hug Toyin]
Baby this way.
[Toyin goes, and hang on his]
Hussena and Obinna hug each other too; they eat Mr. Biggs snacks and discuss.
Hussena:
I want to invite you guys to my party coming up Saturday
IB:
When
Hussena:
It’s happening on Saturday
Mac:
Where?
Hussena:
[Calls on Obinna]
Come let me show you
[Leaves with him)
Hauwa:
Hussena is tripping for Obinna.
Toyin:
She wants to show her the car gift the dad bought her.
Hauwa:
That’s the cause why she was rushing us to come here.
Mac:
So you’re not hastening to come?
Toyin:
She was the one hurrying us
Hauwa:
Toyin, did you sleep last night? She woke early… Am I two-faced?
Toyin:
You know why I woke up early.
Hauwa:
Eh now … to see IB on time.
IB:
Don’t mind them
[Draws her close and kisses her]
Mac:
Make we excuse una, so that una go finish up?
IB:
Ada nko?
Hauwa:
Sheh, she went to school?
[Asking Toyin]
Toyin:
She went to school… library…sheh… for her coursework.
Mac:
These people never show, hope say they never pay for another room?
Hauwa:
Mac, Mac, you too talk
IB:
Mac, na diplomat
Toyin:
Obinna is gentle he hardly talks but this Mac eh!
Hauwa:
That is what is tripping Hussena… Toyin, how far that lecturer?
Toyin:
Forget that man, he is insane, that I should pay for a room, so that he would pass me through me
Mac:
All these lecturers self
IB:
Is the man old?
Toyin:
Very old man that uses on old diesel car dresses in very funny way.
[Hussena & Obinna returns holding each other tenderly, amused over what they others can’t discern]
Mac:
Come where una dey since?
Obinna:
We dey outside… anything?
IB:
No, nothing
(Every one laughs)
CUT TO
SITUATION: 22
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: SCHOOL LIBRARY
CHARACTERS: ADA, ABDUL, MUSA & OTHERS.
At the library, Abdul and Musa walking around meet Ada reading and doing assignment. They talk but no one hears the conversation.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 23
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: SENATE BUILDING OFFICE
CHARATERS: PROF OJO, 1ST GIRL, 2ND GIRL, AB, ABKAR, MUSA, & AHMED.
Prof. Ojo in his office reading the newspaper, with his glasses, his legs is placed on his table.
1ST GIRL
Good morning sir
Prof. Ojo:
[Snubs the greet]
1ST GIRL:
Sir, I came for the material
Prof. Ojo:
[Still reading his news paper, ignoring the presence of the student]
You’ re course rep. doesn’t have materials?
1st girl:
No sir, two hundred level students buy materials direct from you, sir.
Prof. Ojo:
Are you in two hundred levels?
[Raises his head to see the attractive girl, then Brings out a book]
Write your name here.
[Collects the money, keeps it with out counting it, the girl leaves as another enters and locks the door, walks straight to the Prof., who watches in appreciation, she is tempting and looking hot on mini and sit on his lap, touching the Prof.’s private part.]
2nd girl:
Sir, I didn’t write the test the other day
[Romancing him on his chest]
Prof. Ojo:
Easy sweetie
[Stands up, removing his shirt]
You didn’t write the test?
2nd girl:
Yes sir
Prof. Ojo:
Sweet …ripe …mango.
CUT TO
[Prof. Ojo reads his newspaper, door opens, and he raises his head to see Abdul, Musa. Abkar, and Ahmed, they point two guns at him].
Prof. Ojo:
Any result problem… can I help you? Let us reason…if there is any result problem, I will help, I know this is your six years… but have mercy.
[They lock the windows of the office as the pleads, and doors too inject him, he dies and they walk away]
CUT TO
SITUATION: 24
SETTING: EXT/DAY
LOCATION: HOTEL ROAD
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB
Mac and IB in front of the hotel, dressed in cool jeans set to leisurely walk in the evening. They start walking down.
MAC:
Where we go fit buy smoke for this town now?
IB:
Cool down! We go find… it get no place for Nigeria smoke no dey.
Mac:
Spiritual grass for the grass root
IB:
You know say everybody for this country the dope?
Mac:
No be say na everybody but almost all, we no suppose smoke before this new guys, so that they will co-ordinate well.
IB:
Na factual talk, make we find where dem dey play ball, we go find smoke there, these boys fit they smoke too?
MAC:
Anyhow you must find dope men there, and the dealer.
CUT TO
FOOTBALL PITCH
Mac and IB take a walk round the football pitch, as the footballers play game, and the spectators watch, they approach the classrooms and see three guys smoking dope. They walk to them as they continuously watch them. They shake each other smoking their dope professionally.
MAC:
Bros.! Weldon!
[Shaking them, they respond]
IB:
We no dey stay around, we just come from lag, say make we chill small, so finally come smell lala.
MAC:
We begin search for the thing and here we dey.
1st Guy:
Nothing
2nd Guy:
I no say I never see this face here before
3rd Guy:
Dope men na dope man, and will always stumble on it anywhere he relocates.
They smoke for a long time till night with the guys laughing while they gist. And they decide to go home.
MAC:
We go like begin go house
2nd Guy:
Which side una dey stay?
IB:
We never too stay here, but we dey hang out for 247, so you fit show there also we go like buy smoke, help us.
1st Guy:
Nothing
2nd Guy:
[Talking to the other guys]
Make we go, see make una dey here, I go show back, or for area.
[Walks out with Mac and IB as they shake goodbye]
Mac & IB:
Tomorrow
1st Guy:
Nothing
3rd Guy:
We dey!
CUT TO
BOSS GROUND
A bunk of smoke men, covered by tall trees, which makes it cool, and dark, also is a candle where the boss sit which lights the place; people sited, some standing, smoking dope and some sniffing drug.
2nd guy meets boss, and introduce Mac, and IB who discusses aside with boss, boss goes out and returns with two wraps of uncut.
CUT TO
POLICE CHECK POINT
Mac and IB on their way back to their room, they see the police checkpoint from far on the way, the police flash light on them as they approach and search them, and they pass with out any problem.
CUT TO
HOTEL ROOM
IB wakes up in the morning, wears his sandals and leave the room quietly, comes out in front of the hotel and enters a bike.
The bike stops at a place near the check point he picks two guns wrapped in a black leather bag from the drainage, the bike finish easing himself and the move out.
IB:
My bros. get accident here, so the bros. the hospital now.
Okada man:
Kai.
IB:
[Nods]
SITUATION: 25
SETTING: EXT/NIGHT
LOCATION: PARTY GROUND
CHARACTERS: HUSSENA, HAUWA, ADA, TOYIN, LINDA, OBINNA, MAC, IB, AND ND, OTHERS.
Hussena’s party is on, so many cars packed outside, nd drive in with Linda, Mac, Obinna, and Ib blasting from the car CD ‘who say we no go party’ they park. A shawarma man is busy, and suya men are present, a bad DJ mixing the jam. The party is a big one.
IB:
Obyno, You go dance your girl to bed tonight.
OBINNA:
Na ND with in woman no be me.
ND:
You know say my girl no dey gree dance.
Mac:
Give me the car key
[Hussena, Hauwa, Toyin rush them as they enter party ground.
Obinna and Hussena Hugs, Obinna gives her a peck Hauwa and Mac Hug too and disappears, Ada greets them Toyin and IB, holding hands go along with others to sit on a table, Obinna step with Hussena, both are good dancers, very intimate smooching during the dance as others admire them.]
CUT TO
DRINKING TABLE
Hussena:
What will you guys drink?
[Holding Obinna form back]
ND:
Bring Gordon spark for my girl and Gulder for me
IB:
Get me a bottle of star
Obinna:
Gulder with a tumbler
IB:
What of Mac?
CUT TO
LOCATION: HOTEL ROOM.
The light is on, Mac leaning on the wall close to the light switch, Hauwa leans on him; they held each other, Hauwa is full of emotional excitement; and they steal a kiss, pause, Hauwa pulls Mac out from the wall position, and lean on the wall, she start un buttoning his shirt, kissing him softly at the same time, Mac presses her buttocks with his two hands, touch her laps. The romance is so serious, hauwa’s face shows her enjoyment, and she tells Mac in a low but romantic tone.
Hauwa:
I my soul is evaporating… won’t you saturate me?
CUT TO
PARTY GROUND.
Empty Bottles of drink and each with a half-content of drink, Obinna and Hussena dancing to the admiration of all, as others later join on the dance floor.
CUT TO
HOTEL ROOM
Light is off, and dark shadows of sweet Romance on the bed, music plays.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 26
SETTING: EXT/NIGHT
LOCATION: PRIVATE MALE HOSTEL
CHARACTERS: ABKAR, AHMED, AB, MUSA, FRANK, AND others.
The Tals are about to enter into their five cars; we see that they are set to go for war. Abkar who is the headman directs them on how they will operate, we see twenty young men including abkar, AB, Musa, Frank, Ahmed who drive separate cars, and they are grouped in four-man tank.
Abkar:
Abdul lead that tank.
[Abkar points the others to lead different groups each enters, and start driving out, but frank’s car couldn’t start, he opens his bonnet as others drive out.]
CUT TO
PARTY GROUND
Party still on, others dancing, Toyin and IB again in the car kissing while Hussena, Obinna, ND and Linda are still dancing amidst others.
CUT TO
HOTEL ROOM
Hauwa and Mac dressed to go back to the party ground. But are in the receptionist toilet, but it seems they are still in their own room.
Hauwa:
I’ll miss you when you travel back to your school.
Mac:
I’ll miss you too, but you can still come over sometimes and I’ll visit you too.
Hauwa:
How come you were not in cult, or were you scared? You know cult boys are conceited and iniquitous.
Mac:
I belong to an organization, and it gives me the pride I need for life.
Hauwa:
What’s the name of organization?
Mac:
S34S
Hauwa:
Meaning?
Mac:
The project we came for…you know a kind of law enforcement agency on campus, maintaining peace, order, and harmonious relationship.
Hauwa:
They use arms?
Mac:
Well just like the cops combating armed robbers.
Hauwa:
[Nods]
Yep! So have you killed before?
Mac:
Man dies in two ways, the body and the heart. Which one ought to die?
Hauwa:
Em
(Thinking)
The heart.
Mac:
You see the heart is in the body and when you kill it, the pains are so much.
Hauwa:
Yeah, AB broke my heart he is a killjoy.
Mac:
How would feel if AB is killed since he is a killer.
Hauwa:
I’ll feel sorrow for him, we all humans.
Mac:
Every killer must be killed, that is the law; you must feel whatever you made others feel someday.
Hauwa:
Are girls involved in the organization?
Mac:
Actually … yea … indirectly, your girl friend or wife feels the impact.
Hauwa:
They attend meetings too.
Mac:
When two or three are gathered together, it is a meeting, often times we stay together, my friends, the girls, you and I so…
Hauwa:
As in special meetings
Mac:
Okay special meetings are for men.
Hauwa:
I love you Mac
Mac:
I love you too.
CUT TO
The Tals arrive at the hotel; opens the car doors and all of them follow abkar to the hotel reception room, ignores the receptionist, they march passing the receptionist toilet, abkar hears a faint voice from there, looks at the door but was not interested. They proceed to the hotel corridor, and finally in front of the door. They break the door and enter; they see no one except a paper with an S34S logo in the dustbin. Mac and Hauwa are inside the receptionist toilet, Hauwa is using the toilet, the tals decide to check the toilet of the room and see no body too, then Mac and Hauwa come out from the reception toilet, say good bye to the receptionist, enter their car and drive out.]
CUT TO
MAIN ROAD/ POLICE CHECK POINT
Mac is driving back to the party ground sees the arrest of frank and three other guys with ammunition. They arrive at the party ground, join others dancing.
CUT TO
HOTEL ROOM
Receptionist sees the damage on the fan, television, and collapses on the ground.
SITUATION 27
SETTING: INT/ NIGHT
LOCATION: ND’ S APARTMENT
CHARACTERS: MAC, OBINNA, AND IB
They are inside the room; Mac & IB smoking dope, Obinna is well dressed and is set to visit Hussena.
MAC:
Tell my honey that I am having headache that she should come.
OBINNA:
Which kind headache, she will be expecting you, well let me go and see my wife.
IB:
Music is the food of love.
MAC:
[Giving him his gun]
You need it boy.
OBINNA:
ND is still with my own, moreover nothing is happening, and very soon we’ll go. I’ll see you guys across.
IB:
Don’t love to death.
CUT TO
SITUATION 28
SETTING: INT/NIGHT
LOCATION: FEMALE HOSTEL
CHARACTERS: HAUWA, OBINNA, and ABDUL.
Obinna knocks on hauwa’s door, still listening to music; Hauwa opens the door with the hope that is Mac.
HAUWA:
Hi… what of Mac?
OBINNA:
What of Hussena? Mac is having headache… so you go and see your husband before he dies
HAUWA:
Let me call her… make yourself comfortable.
Obinna while listening to his song, reads the sticker on the door, it reads ‘ONLY THE LIVING LISTEN TO MUSIC AND ONLY THE STRONG DANCE IT.’ TALS FOR REAL. Somebody approaches from back but we can’t see him, we feel hussena is coming, when the person taps Obinna who thought is Hussena; he closes his eyes with beam, with this assured expression, we feel relaxed and surprisingly he receives six-gun shots, slowly falls on the ground destroying the sticker on the door and while on the ground his song plays 2 Pac’s “will there never be peace” and his phone on the ground rings, and reads MOTHER. The camera pulls up ward showing the bullet holes and so much blood. There is anxiety now, Hussena comes out with Hauwa and she cry frenziedly.
FADE.
SITUATION: 29
SETTING: EXT/ NIGHT
LOCATION: BUSH
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB, ND, AND SIXTEEN OTHERS.
They sing, shoot on the air, candles burning, and they gather in their meeting style.
IB:
We all are aware of the situation; the Tals have killed Obinna. His blood has been sanctified in the establishment of this base.
Mac:
We shall not allow their killers and entire Tals go unpunished. We need to follow every tailbone, choose one person, just one person, know his entire program and activities, a comprehensive data, you shall follow him everyday until the 34th day, instructions will be given. We do not gulp down such pills.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 30
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: DOBE BUNK
CHARACTERS: MAC, IB, ND, BOSS, and DOPE MEN.
Ib, Mac, and ND arrive the bunk; Ib discusses with boss, Mac smokes his dope, boss returns to Ib with bullets. Ib pays him, Nd finishes the dope Mac was smoking and they leave.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 31
SETTING: EXT/INT/ DAY
LOCATIONS: CAMPUS [Tals joint]
CHARACTERS: AB, ABKAR, MUSA, AHMED, OTHERS
The Tals are seen catching fun, drinking, smoking and chatting.
AB:
We remain on top, the no one in this campus, No more shit around this fucking school. Boy I need to enter town my home man needs to see me.
ABKAR:
Later… just enough …unto enough.
AB:
Tell musa, and Ahmed say I go show tomorrow, if service no fuck up I go hail them, because I go come back late in the night.
[AB leaves. Later, a car with tinted mirror parks nonchalantly in front of the joint, as Ada step into the joint]
Ada:
Hi Abkar, what of musa?
Abkar:
Baby…baby, He said you should wait for him here.
CUT TO.
SITUATION: 32
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: LIBRARY
CHARACTERS: ND, MUSA, AND OTHERS.
A group of boys and girls reading, ND reading next behind musa, and checks his watch which reads 11:34, pulls his gun, and shoots musa, who attempts to meet him, he shoots three more shots and he falls on the ground, receives the remaining six shots.
RESTAURANT: JUNIOR, AHMED AND OTHERS.
We see the clock of the restaurant reading 11.34, junior carrying a tray of food, he walks to the position of Ahmed and pull out his gun, shoots him while he is eating, he dies on the ground vomiting the food and blood, students who are in the restaurant runs away, some with wounds.
SITUATION: 33
SETTING: INT/DAY
LOCATION: PHOTOCOPY CENTER
CHARACTERS: IB, JOE, OTHERS.
Ib checks his time too, is 11:34 pm, pulls his gun from the disguised materials- shoots Joe four times, he fells, and Ib steps out.
SITUATION: 34
SETTING: INT/EXT/DAY
LOCATION: TALS JOINT
CHARACTERS: MAC, ABKAR, ADA, & OTHERS.
Abkar’s watch reads 11:34,and Mac opens fire with an Ak 47 on the Tals in their joint at the appointed time and kills all of them there including Ada who was there at the time of the incident.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 35
SETTING: INT/NIGHT
LOCATION: AB’s ROOM
CHARACTERS: MAC& AB
AB enters his room, locks it well, and discovers a broken ceiling, he is surprise at the presence of Mac who points a gun at him, and shoots him continuously until the bullets finish, and he dies.
SITUATION: 36
SETTING: INT/NIGHT
LOCATION: COMMON ROOM
CHARACTERS: STUDENTS
Students watch the nta news at 9pm Cyril stober reads the news.
CYRIL STOBER:
The recent fracas in university of Abuja has resulted to the death of fifteen students. The police are investigating on the incident; the problem was between the supreme thirty-four squad and the Tals.
CUT TO
SITUATION: 37
SETTING: EXT/ DAY
LOCATION: NEWSPAPER STAND
CHARACTERS: FREE READERS
So many national dailies have as their headlines the recent cult problem in the university.
SITUATION: 38
SETTING: INT/ NIGHT
LOCATION: ND’s APARTMENT [FLAT]
CHARACTERS: ND, MAC, IB, OTHERS.
They all gather at ND’s parlor, drinking happily, and smoking. IB is in the middle, while Mac is behind, they all tied a black material, at individual choice, showing that they are mourning Obinna. IB and Mac give them the last advice, they talk maturely, the S34S listen attentively.
IB:
S34S, we shall travel back tomorrow, the base is established, and the war has been fought and won. Do not allow any chancing, do not tolerate any fuck up from any body, regulate your thought well.
Mac:
We shall maintain communication, ND has link to the bullet man for recharging, and complete the number of this family to thirty- four, be careful of whom to bring in.
IB:
We shall go to bed now so that we can leave early tomorrow.
Hail S34S
ALL:
[With one spirit of unity and fraternity, shouts in high spirit of love for the game, their voices are heard from far]
Regulate your thought
CUT TO
The time is 2am in the night, Mac and IB are behind the house smoking dope as the police men arrive with three cars and one coaster, they enter the compound all armed with Ak 47 gun, others are sleeping inside the house, some inside the parlor, while others in the rooms; the police arrests all of them, shooting heavily on the air.
The entire neighborhood feels the gunshots, it echoes even to far distant areas, which attract the barking of dogs. We see the police recover ammunitions, and bullets, and shoots ND on his right leg. The camera pulls back gradually showing the arrested guys in the police cars, and the siren of the cars are heard, the siren sound starts diminishing as the camera pulls back and finally dissolves into the sky.
On the screen is displayed:
Many Nigerian youths die every year, and some loose their education due to campus cult activities.
THE END.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment